Trevor J. Peterson
As a fourth-generation attorney in his family, Trevor finds himself at home in a courtroom. He has successfully handled nearly a thousand matters in central Wisconsin involving both civil and criminal matters. He has extensive knowledge of Wisconsin law that affects both families and individuals alike. Trevor began his legal career in Marathon County, practicing with the State Public Defenders Office, as well as in circuit courts in surrounding counties, including Forest, Langlade, Lincoln, Taylor, and Vilas.
Trevor has extensive experience prepping for and trying both civil and criminal matters, to both juries and judges. He is experienced in assisting clients through the toughest moments in their lives and resolving complex matters one step at a time in an organized and efficient fashion. Trevor has also taught other attorneys across the central Wisconsin region at continuing education attorney training.
Trevor and his family moved to the Wausau area from the Twin Cities, where he attended Mitchell Hamline School of Law. When he’s not practicing law, you can find him at Granite Peak, or 9-Mile, enjoying outdoor recreation. You may also find him playing guitar and singing songs with family and friends.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
Areas of Practice
- Extensive litigation experience
- Skilled courtroom advocacy including successful civil and criminal jury trials
- Accomplished negotiator, effectuating outstanding outcomes for hundreds of clients
- Adept at helping clients navigate the legal system during the most difficult of circumstances
- Zealous advocacy in divorce and legal separation actions and cohabitation dissolutions
- Custody and physical placement disputes
- Child support modifications
- Resolution of property division issues
- CALI Award Advanced Criminal Advocacy
- 2018 American Association for Justice Regional Mock Trial Champion
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity and Mock Trial Team
Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member: Family Law Section
- Marathon County Bar Association
- Marathon County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, President (2019-2020)
- Instructor – Regional training sessions for attorneys on cross-examination techniques and effective hearing strategies (2020-2021)
- Head Soccer Coach for 4-Year Old Division through Greenheck Field House, Summer 2021