Wausau Auto Accident Lawyers: Wisconsin Auto Accident Data for 2009
Find out how our Wisconsin auto accident lawyers can help you with your claim.
- There were 542 Wisconsin auto accident deaths. This is an average of just over one life lost each day on Wisconsin roads.
- 41,589 people were injured in 29,907 reported injury crashes and 488 fatal crashes.
- 3,854, or 9%, of those injured were known at the time of the crash to have sustained incapacitating injuries.
- Of the 542 persons killed, 8% (35 pedestrians and 7 bicyclists) were not drivers or passengers of motor vehicles. Fifteen percent (82) were motorcycle drivers or motorcycle passengers.
- Of the 542 persons killed, 44% died in alcohol-related crashes, 34% died in speed-related crashes and 18% died in crashes that involved both speed and alcohol. That means that 96% of Wisconsin auto accident deaths involved speed, alcohol or both.
- Of the 355 drivers who were killed and tested for alcohol concentration, 135 drivers (38%) had an alcohol concentration of .08 or above.
- 58% of people killed in passenger car and light truck crashes (for instances in which safety belt use could be determined) were not using safety restraints.
- 62% of all motorcyclists killed in crashes (for instances in which helmet use could be determined) were not wearing helmets.
- 57% of all crashes occurred off the state highway and Interstate systems, on county trunk and local roads. City police and county sheriffs responded to 106,723 (86%) of these crashes.
- The total number of registered vehicles was 5,539,105, a 2.5% increase over 2008.
- The total number of licensed drivers was 4,085,833 a .2% increase over 2008.
- The fatality rate per 100-million miles of travel was 0.93.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact the Wausau auto accident lawyers at our law office for a free consultation. Call 715.843.6700 to speak with one of our Wausau auto accident lawyers. Contact Wausau auto accident lawyers. Get more information about our Wausau auto accident lawyers.
Wausau Auto Accident Lawyers
Do you have questions for our Wausau auto accident lawyers? If you or a family member have been injured in a car accident, or if you have lost a loved one as the result of a car accident, Wausau auto accident lawyers can advise you as to your rights. Wausau auto accident lawyers serving clients in throughout Wisconsin. Call 715.843.6700 for more information about our Wausau auto accident lawyers or to speak with one of our Wausau auto accident lawyers. Email Wausau auto accident lawyers. General information about personal injury lawyers.