What if my spouse quits his or her job to avoid paying child support?


The court is permitted to set child support based on a payer’s ability to earn, or “imputed income,” beyond actual earnings. The court may consider factors such as past earnings; current physical and mental health; history of child care responsibilities of the parent with primary placement; the parent’s education, training, and recent work experience; and local job openings.

Recent Posts