What kind of records should I keep?


If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you should:

  • Photograph the damaged vehicle and the accident site, if possible.
  • Photograph your injuries.
  • Receive all necessary medical attention in order to properly treat your injuries.
  • Tell your health care provider every complaint you have regarding injuries caused by the accident, so that this will be reflected in your medical records.
  • Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the taking of medication, restricting work or physical activities, receiving physical therapy, etc.
  • Keep a dated journal documenting how the injury has affected your life, the degree of pain experience and the activities in which you cannot participate, and lost time from work.
Recent Posts