What do I do if I am served with divorce papers?


You must file a written Answer within 20 days from the date you are served with the Summons and Petition for Divorce.  This must be sent to the Court with a copy sent to your spouse or his or her attorney.  If your spouse has filed for divorce, a lawyer can advise you how to respond.

Recent Posts