I just moved. Where do I file?


In order to file for divorce in Wisconsin, one party — either you or your spouse — must (1) reside in the county in which the action is being filed for thirty days; and (2) reside in Wisconsin for at least six months.  You can, however, file for Legal Separation after residing in Wisconsin for only 30 days.  The legal separation can later be changed to a divorce.  Your lawyer can advise you as to your filing options.

Recent Posts